DMR has always been challenging to list on RepeaterBook since the talk groups changed a lot, especially when tracking thousands of DMR repeaters. I also find a lot of sysops who don’t want to take the time to use the tools on RepeaterBook to keep the repeaters updated, and I understand that. We are all short on time. I think I have come up with a solution that takes almost no effort.

Law enforcement has the N-DEx system, which is a way to send data in a formatted way to a central database so that other agencies can query and read it. I have developed a straightforward CSV file format on that same principle. If every c-bridge sysop placed this retrievable file somewhere, I could automate a sync script and keep the talk group data on the website up-to-date with the true data. I could run the script once a month, for example. The script would read the data and update all of the repeaters with the current talk group data in less than a second.

Here is the format:

Field Name

Parameters

Required

Max Characters

IPSC

Your IPSC name

Y

DMR_ID

The repeater’s registered DMR ID on radioid.net. If multiple repeaters use the same ID, then add ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’, etc., to end to differentiate.

Y

TID

Talk group ID number.

Y

TNAME

Local talk group name

Y

TIMER

F=Full-time, PXX/Y=PTT controlled. Replace XX with the number of timer minutes. Y is the hold-off timer time. S=Scheduled, or Special Case, like for nets/variable timing.

Y

TS

Time Slot: 1 or 2

Y

NOTE

Max 255 characters.

N

Example:

PNWDigital,311222,1776,USA,P15/0,2,any needed note to be displayed.

PNWDigital,311222,13,WW English 2,P15/3,

There would be one entry per repeater per talk group.

The filename format is ipsc_tglist_date. For example PNWDigital_tglist_20230112.csv

Thoughts?