Exporting sorted proximity results

More
05 Feb 2017 23:31 #336 by K7IU
Is there a way to export a sorted proximity search?
First I do the proximity search and get the list of repeaters, then I click on a column header to sort it by distance/proximity. Then I export it for use in RTSystems software but I find that the csv file created is NOT sorted by distance but is the original order. Is there a way to save the sorted proximity search and export it for import into RT systems??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AD0JA
  • MO and IL Admin
More
08 Feb 2017 18:54 #337 by AD0JA
Not at this time unfortunately. This has been an issue for a while. You have to sort them yourself.

73 de AD0JA
the voice of Wright City, MO
Kenwood, Motorola, M/ACOM - Harris commercial radio enthusiast

• KD6KPC
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Site Admin
More
17 Feb 2017 16:10 #338 by KD6KPC
Which order would you like them sorted? I can see if I can make it part of the original query.

Repeaterbook.com
Site Owner

• AD0JA
  • MO and IL Admin
More
08 Mar 2017 19:14 #340 by AD0JA
By miles/distance in order

73 de AD0JA
the voice of Wright City, MO
Kenwood, Motorola, M/ACOM - Harris commercial radio enthusiast

More
17 Jul 2017 20:36 #381 by KE4IAJ
Sure would like this to be working, I want to do a proximity search based on a location and distance of 200 miles, then export to CHIRP sorted by closest to furthest away. Any help would be appreciated.

More
18 Jul 2017 15:26 - 18 Jul 2017 15:28 #382 by KE4IAJ
I had reported this as an issue a while back here:

www.repeaterbook.com/index.php/forum/iss...istance-doesn-t-work

Then at least I could export into chirp and export into a csv, in 2 separate files, and they were in the same order, then I pasted the miles column from the csv export to the chirp export and sorted them by distance, then finally reordered the location column then removed the distance column. This was a good bit of extra work but it worked.

Now for some reason the displayed results (or csv export) isn't in the same order as the chirp export, and there's no way to sort them both the same so the distance column can be pasted into the chirp export for resorting before importing into chirp, if that makes any sense at all lol...

So as of now I can no longer find a manual way to sort based on distance for chirp. Export to csv includes distance, and can be sorted, but isn't in a format that chirp can understand.

Any ideas? At this point I'd be happy if I can find a way to manually sort them again. Thanks.
Last Edit: 18 Jul 2017 15:28 by KE4IAJ.